DroneShield Protects Correctional Facilities From Drones Smuggling Contraband:
Smuggling contraband, weapons, and cell phones into correctional facilities with drones can threaten the security and mission of the facility. DroneShield provides advance notice of drones commonly used by smugglers. Alerts are sent by email or SMS and can be linked to alarm and security response teams. Data is preserved for subsequent legal proceedings.
DroneShield is a small device mounted near exterior and interior perimeters. Alerts are sent via email or SMS or to
our optional 24/7 monitoring service working with police and legal response teams. DroneShield is loaded and
updated with a signature database of drone models commonly used by smugglers.
• Advanced warning of drones used by smugglers and other unauthorized operators
• For centralized facilities or perimeter monitoring
• Integrates into existing zone-based alarm systems with dry contact relays
• Drone used to smuggle drugs in Melbourne prison (Australia, 2014)
• Drone drug drops common at Quebec jails (Canada, 2013)
• Drones try to sneak contraband into Georgia prison (Georgia, 2013)
• Attempted smuggling of cellphones by hexacopter into Brazilian prison (Brazil, 2012)
Simple to install and can be maintained remotely
Power: Fixed installation 120v or 12v in-line security camera power supply
Comms: Secure WIFI, GSM/GPRS, wired ethernet , or dry contact relays for existing systems
Detects: Hobbyist- and commercial-grade drones (Cinestar 8, etc.)